[Got this from my friends in the Ateneo Alumni Association.]
1. No window hours: Makati, Malabon and Las Pinas. Number Coding is in effect from 7am to 7pm.
2. No number coding: Taguig, Marikina andParanaque. Feel free to roam anytime.
3. Pasig City has window hours of 9am to 4pm (note the 1 hour additional to the normal 10-3pm window). San Juan has window hours now according to MMDA website.
4. Pasay City is implementing Number Coding except on the following roads: Ninoy Aquino Avenue, MIA Road , Domestic Road , Portions of Airport Road , Sales Road , Tramo.
5. EDSA, C5, Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Avenue, Roxas Blvd ( Pasay ) have window hours
6. For the rest of Metro Manila (Caloocan, Mandaluyong, Manila, Muntinlupa, Navotas, parts of Pasay, Pateros, Quezon City, Taguig, andValenzuela) number coding is in effect (window hours of 10am-3pm is also observed).
TOOLS AGAINST MMDA OFFICERS:
1. Call MMDA hotline (136) METRO BASE at 0920 9389861 0920 9389861 or 0920 9389875 0920 9389875 and ask for an Inspectorate. They will send inspectors to the place where these MMDA officers are extorting, even while you are arguing out of your apprehension.
2. MMDA officers are not allowed to group together in order to apprehend. They are not even allowed to stand together in groups of 2 or more. The only time they are allowed to work together is for special operations
3. Swerving IS NOT a traffic violation. Moving one lane to the left or right is not swerving, no matter where on the road you do it. And it is even less of a violation when you do it with a signal. Swerving is defined as shifting 2 or more lanes very quickly. So you can argue your way out of this, and call the Metro Base for help.
4. Using the yellow lane is a traffic violation and will get you a ticket. However, buses are really not allowed to go out of the yellow lane, so if you see selective apprehension of private cars only, you may complain.
5. MMDA has confirmed that your license MAY NOT BE CONFISCATED at a traffic apprehension. The only time they can do so is if you are part of an accident, or it is your third violation and you have not settled your fines yet. They are only allowed to give you a ticket, which you can contest.
5. Also, you are free to ask any of these officers for their "*mission order, which is written by their supervisor. If they apprehend you for a violation that is not in their mission order for the day, you can report them and they will receive disciplinary action.